Friday 13 March 2020

Small Science - Questions kids ask

During the Science class for my 4th graders chapter on AIR, we were discussing microbes and how they are carried in the air.

 Obviously the discussion went straight to the Corona. We held up a large world map and I pointed out countries and rough numbers of sick.  I asked what they could infer from it.

Typical Al Qamar kids - a zillion questions and a zillion comments.

"Its growing in Europe and North America"

"Its cold there"

"Not so much in Africa"

"Do the AC rooms make it spread?" - reference to growth in the Middle East.

"Can a virus go through the ocean?"

"How does a virus have babies?"

"What does it eat?"

"How does it start living?"

"How did it come from animals to human beings?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Au Revoir

  Au Revoir  The crucible moment came for me when, 16 years ago, I pulled my 7 year old son from school. Once again. Thrice in four years. W...