Sunday 19 August 2018

Independence Day Art Competition



To celebrate the Independence Day, Al Qamar Lower Elementary had an art competition where children had to draw their idea of "My India."

I thought the topic would be difficult for the 2nd and 3rd graders - how do you translate an idea of India and what it means to you into a drawing?

But the children really came up with wonderful stuff.

The winner was a lovely piece of work titled "Great Indian People Tree."


The 2nd place went to another thoughtful piece contrasting old and new India - from a child's view. The old was green and blue, and even had a lion! The new - a modern house, with a smokestack next to it.



The 3rd place went to a drawing of a forest with a road running through it.



I was zapped at the perceptiveness and deep thinking of these young 3rd grade children who could then render their ideas into concrete drawings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Au Revoir

  Au Revoir  The crucible moment came for me when, 16 years ago, I pulled my 7 year old son from school. Once again. Thrice in four years. W...