Thursday 29 March 2018

Alyina

Alyina came to Al Qamar in its 3rd year.  After completing her 10th IGCSE, she moved to another local IGCSE school. She is currently pursuing her Bachelor's in Psychology in Chennai. Here is what she has to say about her experience. 

I'm Alyina, a former student of Al Qamar and Al Qamar's first graduate. 

I joined Al Qamar when i was 12. My English was very poor and I had a hard time framing sentences. Aneesa Aunty and Nasreen Aunty patiently taught me and improved the skills which I lacked. I was exposed and encouraged to read books which enhanced my writing skills. Alhumdullillah after that my English and other skills were elevated and kept getting better. 


As I am learning psychology, UI recognise all the new techniques and applications Aneesa Aunty has used in her teachings. They were more towards humanistic approaches. Unlike many other schools, Al Qamar recognises each child's capacity and interest, and develops the child according to his/her needs. They treat everyone equally with great care. All my teachers have been friendly and understanding. They never gave up on me and kept encouraging me till the end. 


At Al Qamar I was exposed to a lot of science and humanitarian work. I had an opportunity to meet a lot of speakers who talked about their experiences in their field. Each one had unique experience to share and I have learned a lot from them! 

Thanks to my teachers and friends in Al Qamar, I have become a better and a knowledgeable person. I thank the Almighty for giving me an opportunity to have studied in this institution.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Au Revoir

  Au Revoir  The crucible moment came for me when, 16 years ago, I pulled my 7 year old son from school. Once again. Thrice in four years. W...